The key to optimal health is water. It is crucial to STAY HYDRATED. Getting enough water every day is extremely important for your health. Drinking water can help prevent dehydration which is a condition that can cause unclear thinking, cause your body to overheat, result in mood change, and lead to constipation and kidney stones. Water has no calories, so it can also help with managing a healthy body weight and reducing calorie intake when substituted for drinks with calories, such as juices or soda.
Water is also known to help with to help lubricate and cushion joints, protect your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues & get rid of wastes through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements. In the event of hot temperatures, being more physically active, running a fever, or having diarrhea or vomiting your body will require much more water so its important to adjust your water intake during these times.
Water is an effective way to cleanse the body. If you really want to cleanse your body, then DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. This blog includes 8 home made vitamin water recipes to help you keep the water flowing!
As a rule, you should try to avoid as much as possible industrial food and beverages
Now that we have touched upon the benefits of water let's also discuss adding CBD to your daily routine, specifically water infusions when it comes to this blog. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound found in cannabis plants. It is one of the many cannabinoids found in the plant, and it has been studied for its potential therapeutic benefits. People take CBD for a variety of reasons, including pain relief, anxiety relief, improved sleep, and more. It is thought to have anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, and anti-seizure properties, and may also help with conditions such as epilepsy, depression, and insomnia. Our water soluble CBD options go perfectly in any beverage and make an amazing addition to these infused water recipes.
Although water is simply amazing for your body its often looked at as a boring type of beverage being as though its flavorless. But water doesn’t HAVE to be boring any more.
Here are some easy flavored water recipes that you can easily make & enjoy.
1) The Classic : Lemon/Cucumber: Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water + 1 cucumber and a lemon, thinly sliced + 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped basil leaf + 1/3 of finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
2) The Beauty Blend : Strawberry/Lime or Raspberry/Lime Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 6 strawberries / 0r Raspberries and one thinly sliced lime + 12 finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
3) The Digestive : Fennel/Citrus First: infuse 1 to 3 grams of dried and crushed fennel in 150 ml of boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool. Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water + lemon juice (put the leftover lemon in the mix) + a small thinly sliced orange + 12 fresh chopped mint leaves + the infusion of fennel seeds. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.
4) The Antiox : Blackberry/Sage Note that a part from the berries, sage leaf is the herb that has the highest antioxidant content. Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of blackberries that have been very slightly crushed + 3-4 sage leaves. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.
5) The Refresher : Watermelon/Rosemary Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of watermelon cut into cubes + 2 rosemary stems. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.
6) The Exotic : Pineapple/Mint Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of pineapple cut into cubes + 12 fresh mint leaves finely chopped. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
7) The Traditional : Apple/Cinnamon Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of apple cut into cubes + 2 cinnamon sticks + 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
8.) The Zingibir : Ginger/Tea In advance: heat 1 teaspoon of ginger in two cups of tea, let it cool down. Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water with two cups of the ginger tea + 4-5 pieces of fresh ginger cut into cubes. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Enjoy & Be Well! Cheers!